Saturday, April 20, 2019

NaPoWriMo -19 Day- 9: Thing- List!



Day 9 : Prompt: Engage in a kind of cross-cultural exercise,  like recording daily observations, court gossip, poems, aphorisms, and musings, including lists with titles like “Things That Have Lost Their Power,” “Adorable Things,” and “Things That Make Your Heart Beat Faster.” Today, write your own Sei Shonagon-style list of “things.” What things? Well, that’s for you to decide!



PC: Borrowed from the internet
Trinkets & Trivia!


I have a little diary of quotes
Of thoughts, feelings and ideas
Not just mine, but others too
The book is in tatters now
The ink has smudged,
The pages are brittle with creases and tears

I have some pebbles, white and color'd
and some bits of tiles and stones
That I picked off from the ground
Carefully stashed in tiny, little pouches

I also have some pictures 
and some zany stickers
I have some trinkets and trivia                            
all saved up from the past

Somedays, I ferret them out
I look at them, touch them
And I see a little girl in ponytails
who had so much laughter in her eyes
and spring in her steps

She has gone into hiding now
Amidst rubble of roles and rules
her lids heavy with worry
And her eyes weary with care

As I gently set them aside again,
The creases on her brow soften
And the crow’s feet crinkle
As a gentle smile
Melts away the laugh lines…



No comments:

Post a Comment