Thursday, April 25, 2019

NaPoWriMo -19 Day-11: Origins


Day 11- Prompt : Write a poem of origin. Where are you from? Not just geographically, but emotionally, physically, spiritually? Maybe you are from Vikings and the sea and diet coke and angry gulls in parking lots. Maybe you are from gentle hills and angry mothers and dust disappearing down an unpaved road. And having come from there, where are you now?

Let sleeping Memories lie...



Everything has changed
I had been gone too long
But fool that I was
I thought that
the memories in my heart
would keep the place alive

Everything has changed.. 
the smells, the sights
I deliberately tried to coerce
my sleeping memories alive.
I searched for familiar sights,  
I tried to breathe in familiar smells,
I tried to retrace my steps,
I closed my eyes, conjuring up images of the past.  

PC: borrowed from the internet
Everything has changed
I saw nothing, smelt nothing, felt nothing.
It was the same place and yet it was no longer.
I had grieved the passage of time,
yearned for lost moments.
I had come back but
found nothing that I thought I was seeking.
Is there a sense of loss?  No, not even that.
Just an emptiness and a numbness.

I have changed. Forever..

Everything has changed
That place in the depths of my heart
no longer exists outside.
I can now stop looking for it
every time I return.
Let sleeping memories lie...





No comments:

Post a Comment