Thursday, April 18, 2019

NaPoWriMo -19 Day-6: Possibilities


Day 6: Prompt: Write a poem of the possible. Focus not on what has happened, or what will happen, but on what might happen if the conditions are right. Write a poem that emphasizes the power of “if,” of the woulds and coulds and shoulds of the world.

Beware! Be Aware! 
PC: borrowed from the net


If I spelt out my every thought
If I chuckled at every mischief
If I guffawed in brazen glee
If I sniggered my every disdain
If I indulged my every tantrum
If I quivered at my every fear
If I vent my every spite
If I blushed at every snub
If I bristled at every avarice
If I apologized for every folly
If I succumbed to every pity
If I shed every tear of my sorrow
If I showed all my love

I would have been me and yet not ME
For it is with so much care and caution
that I have nurtured the ME
that you and I get to see



2 comments:

  1. Very nice - I think I understand you better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lessandra...😊😉 I'm happy you commented.

    ReplyDelete