Wednesday, April 17, 2019

NaPoWriMo -19 Day-3: Action across time


Day 3 : Prompt : Write something that involves a story or action that unfolds over an appreciable length of time. Perhaps, as you do, you can focus on imagery, or sound, or emotional content (or all three!)



Beyond Reach

I wish I could close my eyes
And then when I open them
I find myself out there at a distant point in the future
a place that is more comfortable, more serene
PC: borrowed from the internet
from where I am today

But I don’t see that happening
To reach there, I need to pass through the today
And today right now, feels difficult to trudge through
Every leaden moment lugging itself wearily

Wasn’t that  another yesterday when I longed to be at
this  point  in the present – a place better than where I was
only this had seemed so far away  then
I look around and I now notice that I am in that place
That had been the future of my past

So I guess if I just hold on
I shall get to be in the future of my present
A place more comfortable, more serene
than where I am now
Let me close my eyes… and wait…


No comments:

Post a Comment