Tuesday, May 28, 2019

NaPoWriMo -19 Day-23 : Poem about an animal


Day 23 Prompt: Write a poem about an animal.

There was a time when I was terrified of dogs, slowly I grew to respect the unconditional affection of dogs- and without my realising it- a way was being paved in my heart for them... and recently when a Boxer joined our family- the floodgates were yanked wide open! All credits to the little one- Ginger!





 Rambunctious Love                                                                              


There is this new surge
of love in my heart
A strange, unknown,                                              
spring of affection that
I never knew existed
Until she looked at me
with those liquid eyes 
She romps onto my lap
Like Royalty
And I all but melt
Into  mush and pulp…



1 comment:

  1. Good writing. I never knew you would ever be comfortable enough to touch ginger. Am overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete