Friday, May 17, 2019

NaPoWriMo -19 Day-20 : Talking poem




Day 20 Prompt : Write a poem that “talks.” - based in spoken language, interspersed with the speaker/narrator’s own responses and thoughts. Try to write a poem grounded in language as it is spoken – not necessarily the grand, dramatic speech of a monologue or play, but the messy, fractured, slangy way people speak in real life. get away from formally “poetic” speech and into the way language tends to work out loud.

Oh- Never mind! 

Snap! There!
I release you!
Don’t listen ! Don’t understand!
I hardly saw it coming
You were always around
Anytime, anywhere
But now you’r always elsewhere
No, no I’m not jealous
No way!
PC: Borrowed from the internet
Ya, I know that
I know I just have to call out
But I don’t want to
I don’t want to wait,
Tap your shoulder
To remind you                                            
I’m still here
Very much here
You ought to have known
I mean how can you forget?
It’s ok
You move on
I have myself for company
The good, the bad, the sad
I’ll keep to myself
No, no I’m not whining
I don’t sulk
I’m fine, really I’m fine
You keep going…



No comments:

Post a Comment