Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Sewing the Skies



 Some days are good

And then some days not so good

But the not so good

Casts its shadow on the good too 


For now, it is a step at a time

Focussing on the now

But the travail of earlier steps

Have rendered my feet weary

The calves are strained

The heels have chipped

The shoulders are drooping

The smile is far away from the eyes 


For one keeps looking to catch the next piece of sky when it falls

For fall it will

Waiting for the cookie to crumble yet again

For crumble it must

Crumble it will 


For now it is a stitch at a time

Sewing the tears

Smoothening the wrinkles

Ever so gently

Help to heal

Help to strengthen

Until then it is

Fragile- Handle with care… 


Setting down my burden

Now and then 

On the wayside pitstops

Wiping my brow

Catching my breath 


And rise  I must again and again

Pick up my burden again and again

Trudge ahead to the unknown

Clinging on to

"This too shall pass..."

Everything is temporary

Time will heal

The dawn is near 


And while one toils at sewing the skies

My soul has become threadbare 


Meanwhile I try to smile, laugh and even sing

But I am tired

I long to rest

With nary a care


But toil I will

Because I need to lend a shoulder

For heavier burdens

Burdens not mine and yet my own 


Waving at other weary travellers

Because though sometimes 

I feel like a lone traveller 

I see and I know there are others

Trudging along with their own hauls

A pat here, a kind word there

Cheering along, nudging along

Sharing stories of audacity to carry on 

Audacity To keep living, To keep  loving

And above all To keep Praying

 

And like they say

I too have miles to go

Before I sleep...



No comments:

Post a Comment