Saturday, May 27, 2023

A Mother's Prayer




I can't claim credit for carrying 

my babies in my womb

There was no other option😀

I don't ask for appreciation for labour/ post surgery pains

for the scars and marks on my body


I may have not been the best of mothers

I have faltered, I have floundered

I may not have been there

the way I should have been

And worse, I may have thought

 I was there, right beside you

I may have given something 

other than what you may have wanted


You don't have to glorify me

You don't have to worship me

Just forgive me if I have not been with you

the way you wanted me to

I knew no better

And that was not your fault


Don't place me on that lofty pedestal

decreed for Parents

Iam not superhuman

I am not perfect

Parents make so many blunders

Inadvertently perhaps

You can feel angry, resentful...

Only let it make you better, stronger

Resilient, Loving and compassionate in your lives


I don't know about unconditional love

I don't know about sacrifices

I don't know  whether whatever I said or did was the Best

All I know is it hurts when my children are in pain


I know that I would like to wipe clean 

all the pains and hurts in your lives if I could

I would have rewritten so many things of the past

To refurbish your present 

And fortify your future


Just have the Strength and Grace to live

through whatever Life throws at you 

I am Happiest when my children are 

Self reliant, Successful and Happy!

That is all I want

And that is all I ask...



No comments:

Post a Comment