Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Transmogrification 😠😠

 


Hey faith of mine!

I am afraid for you

You might crumble to dust

For I have bestowed you with 

Feet of clay


I shall take up cudgels

On your behalf

Don't you worry

For after all I believe that you thrive

Because I exist


I am sure I haven't misunderstood

What you stand for

Because after all I interpret

You the way I want


I shall give you counsel

On whom you may bless

And whom you should curse

After all I call the shots here


I choose to forget that you

are actually about Solace and Redemption

For I have made you all about

Dire Threats and retribution


I have created a war in your name

And now I proceed to amass an army

You need me a mere mortal

to protect you from annihilation


And so I spew vitriol, hatred, 

For I have understood you to be

All about exclusion, segregation and alienation

I do not remember any

Allusion to inclusion, unification or conciliation


I deign to choose, decide

What you stand for

I choose to tether you, 

Within my mortal definitions, finite understanding


I set limits for you to pervade

And all the time I shall claim 

That it was you who dictated the limits, 

you who taught me 

Exclusion, segregation and alienation


For that is how 

You can be saved!?

Poor faith of mine

You are indeed vulnerable

If it is faith like mine

That sustains you...

No comments:

Post a Comment